. 1851, 1860s. Borough High Street and Southwark Street, London Bridge (tube). Southwark, London. The market consists of several separate sheds, two of which join at the point two railway bridges come together. Railway and underground trains rumble by overhead every few minutes. In this picture one can see the more elaborate of the two structures at left and the corner of the more delicate one at right.
- Exterior (end of two sheds)
- Entrance arch with cast iron tracery
- Cast iron capitals, columns, and tracery
- Shed with Borough Market sign
- Cast iron capital holding three curved supports
- Roof interior and columns
- Cast iron roof supports
- Cast iron capital
- Cast iron capital and tracery
- Converging bridges above market seen from beneath
- Sign for Lee Brothers Potato Merchants
- Beams supporting railway
La fotografía 2009 y texto por George P. Landow. [Esta imagen se puede usar sin autorización previa para cualquier propósito académico o educativo, siempre y cuando mencione (1) el nombre del fotógrafo y (2) enlace el documento a esta dirección URL.]
La página web del mercadoe. Visto 12 September 2009.
Last modified 13 September 2009