William Holman Hunt, J. E. Millais.
(Middle) Statue on the façade of the Victoria and Albert Museum. London, near the Brompton Avenue entrance. [Photograph by George P. Landow, December 1999.]
Waltner's etching of Millais's self-portrait in the Uffizzi Gallery, Florence
- Photographs of Millais
- The Later Years of John Everett Millais's Portraits: Impressionistic Genius or Lazy self-indulgence?
- William Richmonds's recollections of Millais -- and admiration for him
- Friendship with John Leech
- Friendship with George Du Maurier
- The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood
- The Theme of "The Eve of St. Agnes" in the Pre-Raphaelite Movement
- Marie Corelli on the Commercialization of Bubbles
Theme and Technique
- Theme, Subject, and Motif
- Pendants Drawn from Different Narratives: Linking Two Paintings by Millais
- Sir John Everett Millais's Landscapes -- The Pursuit of Truth and Beauty in Nature
- Herkomer on Chill October
- "Aweary" and Waiting: John Everett Millais's Mariana
- Doomed and Decorated: Millais's Lovers and their Surroundings in The Black Brunswickers
- Knowledge and Family in Millais's The Ruling Passion
- Nudes and Knights: Millais's The Knight Errant
- Order in the Family in The Order of Release
- Discussions and Discussion Questions
Baldry, A. Lys. Millais. New York: Frederick A. Stokes.
Barlow, Paul. Time Present and Time Past: The Art of John Everett Millais. Great Britain: Biddles Ltd, King's Lynn, 2005.
Bennett, Mary. Millais. Millais: An Exhibition Organized by the Walker Art Gallery Liverpool and the Royal Academy of Arts London.. London: Royal Academy, 1967.
Funnell, Peter, Malcolm Warner, Kate Flint, H. C. G. Matthew, Leonée Ormond. Millais Portraits. Princeton, Princeton Universty Press, 1999.
Millais, John G. The Life and Letters of Sir John Everett Millais. 2 vols. London: 1899.
Newall, Christopher. A Celebration of British and European Painting of the 19th and 20th Centuries. London: Peter Nahum, nd.
Speilmann, M.H. Millais and His Works. London: William Blackwood and Sons, 1898.
Last modified 15 May 2007