- Turner and the sister arts
- Turner's Lectures on the Arts
- Ruskin on Turner's Isolation
- Ruskin on Turner's Color
- Ruskin on Turner's "palpitating, perpetual change"
- Turner, Wordsworth, and the Sublime
- Turner and the Picturesque
- Turner and Pathetic Fallacy
- Ruskin's allegorical interpretations of Turner
- Apollo and Python. Plate -- Discussion
- The Fall of an Avalanche in the Grissons Plate
- Calais Pier: An English Packet Boat Arriving. Plate
- Dido Building Carthage. Plate
- The Fall of Shaffhausen.
- The Fighting Temeraire. Plate --Thackeray on The Fighting Temeraire
- The Goddess of Discord Choosing the Apple of Contention in the Garden of the Hesperides. Plate
- Light and Colour (Goethe's Theory) — The Morning after the Deluge — Moses writing the Book of Genesis. Plate
- Mercury and Argus. Ruskin's discussion
- Rain, Steam, Speed. Plate -- Thackeray on the painting
- Shade and Darkness — the Evening of the Deluge. Plate
- Slave Ship.
- Snow Storm: Steamboat off a Harbour's Mouth. Plate -- Discussion in relation to the sublime.
- Stormy Sea with Blazing Wreck. Plate
- Ulysses Deriding Polyphemus. Plate -- Discussion
Last modified 10 June 2005